Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Look What I Found!

While digging around the Goodwill yesterday I came upon a real treasure, a Brownie Hawkeye outfit complete with flash, bulbs and 6 rolls of old film! The best part is that one of the rolls is exposed, although after 50 years in storage I'm not sure if there would still be anything on the film. I'll have to call a local developer and see what they say. I've never had a Brownie but I've always wanted one - I was a Polaroid Land Camera girl. (I think that says something about my attention span...) I just sold my last one on Etsy because I couldn't afford the film anymore. I'm certainly no photographer but for some reason I just love old cameras.. old books.. old type writers and tea pots and sewing machines. (I would definitely have a house full of "junk" if I had more room!)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! We're camera twins! I have a Hawkeye in my bookcase that I found at Value Village about 15 years ago. I have never used it, though...

Nice find!

Adrienne said...

Good idea! I put mine on my book shelf too. It was too darling to put away. I think I will put the unused film up on ebay & keep the camera for myself (even if, like you, I never use it.) :)