Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Something Pretty

Green Rondelle Crystal Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped Ring by SoftnShiny

I've always wanted a wire wrapped nest ring so when I saw that my friend Kaye had them in her shop I knew I had to have one. I've known Kaye for years - actually she's one of my oldest friends, who knew me "back when" and always encouraged me and checked up on me, even in the midst of her own crisis. She's always been an inspiration to me and I'm happy to finally own one of her creations.

Last year she started up her own shop on Artfire (and she's on Etsy too) as SoftnShiny, selling her crochet goodies and beaded jewelry. Her work is really great and I'm sure I will be adding more to my SoftnShiny collection in the future.

Here's a few of my favourites from her shop:

Amethyst Faceted Puffed Teardrop Briolette Necklace $9


Burnt Sienna Crochet Ladies Cloche Hat $14.00


Green Rondelle & Crystal AB Bicone Bracelet - Cerebral Palsy Awareness $30.00
Named in honor of Kayes son Jonas who has Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy. 20% of the price of the Jonas Collection will be donated to the NWT Council of Persons with Disabilities http://www.nwtability.ca/


You can also find SoftnShiny on Facebook to see more of her work & custom supplies.

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

that ring is gorgeous. i'm not a jewelry person. i'm very picky, having almost no personal taste until I see something I like, and decide its "my style", which is rare.

that ring though. gorgeous.