Monday, March 01, 2010

Restructuring

I Know I Can I Be What I Want To Be by PhotoDu.de


I spent a lot of time thinking this winter.

Actually that's not true. As much as I hate to admit it, I spent a lot of time sleeping and feeling depressed this winter. I thought moving would help, but it's true what they say about running away from your problems. I thought a bigger window and more sunlight would help. I thought being back in my old neighbourhood would help. I even thought having a dishwasher would help. And it did, at first.

But it's not where I was physically that was the problem. It's where I was mentally. Where I am mentally. I was bored and unhappy with my life. I had to admit something to myself. I didn't want to sew anymore. I was completely burnt out and exhausted. I just couldn't do it anymore.

Once I decided to quit sewing I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. And oddly enough I wanted to sew again. So I started planning out some new wallets, thought about spring craft shows. I was almost euphoric with relief! I felt like myself again.

One day while drawing out a bill fold wallet, complete with sewing instructions, I realized that I loved the planning more than the sewing. I played around with this idea a bit, thought up some ideas & talked to Randy when he got home. We had a brain storming session and it was decided. I'm going to start making & selling my own patterns, fully illustrated by Randy!

It's at least a year since I've been really excited about my work. This first pattern will be 3 in 1 Simple Cases; card case, gadget case & glasses case. It's a beginner level pattern with learn to sew tips & techniques in it. I'm really pleased so far & can't wait to show you guys what I've been up to these past couple weeks. I have so many ideas that I've got my next 10 patterns already planned out!

I'm hoping to have it listed by Thursday, so if all goes well check back then for a free giveaway on my blog. :)

3 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

I like your Etsy shop! I just marked it as one of my favorities:)

Katie said...

GREAT idea! I love your creations - I'll definitely purchase your patterns!!!

Adrienne said...

Thanks so much gals! It's going to take a bit longer than I thought since my dear boyfriend is swamped with work but hopefully in the next week or so.